Wednesday, March 21, 2012

CTO #3 - Grotto

Check This Out #3 - Grotto!

I mean I really dig a lot of the deco on this ship, but nothing blew me away quite like this. I've seen the grotto - it has looked like it did in my video a while back for pretty much the entire time I've been a part of or even visiting the project - a big sorta empty room with some waterfalls and grass and stuff.

Don't get me wrong, I do think that is ok... but why should it look like Minecraft generated it randomly? Why not a real mall, park, or whatever it is supposed to be? It's a public place on a star ship, not a nature preserve. I don't know what I am saying, it never really was that either... but it bored me after a while. I'm glad to see things are changing!

Here you can see the recent work by Patchypatch, despite my server dying on him and wiping out a fair amount of work.



Super awesome. There are pathways up the hill, little stands for vendors, a more scenic sitting area... the whole park having this level of love poured into it is just awesome. Its one public area on the ship, one relatively small room in comparison to the whole, yet is so packed with awesome detail. This is why MineTrek is where I want to be!

Thanks for the good work so far, guys, keep it up!

No comments:

Post a Comment