Saturday, March 17, 2012

CTO #2!

Now I know you love this project because you're paying attention to this blog even slightly. Or maybe this is your first time here, either way I'm glad.

Waaaaaay back when the Enterprise project first started there was a lot going on. Decks? What decks! There were schematics of decks, and funky layers that needed cleaning up, but not much else. The builders of MineTrek had to start out by cleaning the decks one by one, coloring the rooms, etc.

Well I decided that since I was adding a Freebuild Area (yes there is now an area anyone can build whatever they wish on the server) I might as well freely build something myself.

That's when I decided I wanted to go through the same process as the Enterprise for the Defiant. Deck by deck, immaculate detail, and roughly matching size to the Enterprise build.

I bring you Defiant, MineTrek style!


This version is 156 meters long, ~118 wide, and around 23 tall. The plans are based on the Strategic Designs plans of which there are only two sheets in high resolution on Cygnus-x1.net. Fortunately the thumbnail size images are just about perfect for our uses, so I was able to neaten a few of those up for our decks as you can see here.

Importing was a breeze, just slap the layers together in Omen, save the file as an MCLevel, import into MCEdit onto an Anvil map, export as a Schematic file, place the Schematic in the server's schematics directory, and then load and paste the image in game using WorldEdit (which tends to lag the server out for a few seconds at this size). *whew*

Enjoy!

More on this side project in the future. Check out the forums if you're interested in helping.

1 comment:

  1. I think I know the plans you're talking about, maybe, and I have at least four in high res. :) Been doing a total conversion on a Blender model of Defiant myself. External only, I'm not THAT masochistic.

    ReplyDelete