Thursday, November 14, 2013

Having a Blast

The Enterprise NCC-1701-D has finally had its open decks moved up and let me tell you it's been a wild ride so far. Within the first few days we were diving in and exploring the decks more thoroughly than had truly been done before, and already I was seeing problems.

Well, this post really sums it up I think (warning: lots of text, beware if allergic)

Suffice it to say that the change will be positive, it's just very daunting as it requires considerable work and some risk. Partly I'd like to pull the center piece of the ship out and make the change "globally" and then import the fixed section, but that will consume considerable resources to accomplish anyway and if the fix needs to be done, then it NEEDS to be done.

I'm in no rush.

Meanwhile the decks are already starting to be improved. Lots of work is going on to fill in the empty rooms and much of the decks (at least the lower ones) are filled with matter tankage and storage areas, so our work will be MUCH quicker on these decks, even considering the heavily quartered decks in some of the upper areas of the neck.

Patchy has promised to do some blogging here in the future, even perhaps reviving my CTO series. Goodness, we could make about 20 of those with all the cool stuff on the server in the last year alone... I hope he does. *poke poke* :D

If you're interested in joining Minetrek do please jump on the server! I haven't been annoyed by sheer numbers of new players in over a week, its a sign. Or maybe its a calm before a storm, I don't know, but hey, the more the merrier!

No comments:

Post a Comment